1 Establishment background
The Yellow River is the mother river of the Chinese nation. Protecting the Yellow River is a great plan for the great rejuvenation and sustainable development of the Chinese nation. The general secretary stressed the need to jointly grasp the great protection, make overall plans to promote the comprehensive management of landscapes, forests, fields, lakes, grass and sand, systematic management and source management, and issued a great call to make the Yellow River a happy river that benefits the people, providing a guide for action and a strong driving force for the governance, development and protection of the Yellow River in the new era. Ecological protection and high-quality development of the Yellow River Basin have become major national strategies, and are scientific choices to effectively coordinate the relationship between ecological protection and economic development in the Yellow River Basin. In order to promote the development and implementation of the national strategy, it is urgent to focus on its theoretical basis and major scientific and technological issues.
The Yellow River Research Center was founded in 2017. The research center's scientific research system has been further innovated and improved relying on Hohai University's superior disciplines such as hydrology and water resources, agricultural engineering, soil and water conservation, and ecological water conservancy. Through the collaborative innovation and cooperation of experts across disciplines, regions and fields, a new development research mode integrating government, industry, university and research has been formed. The center is committed to building a discipline system of Yellow River ecological protection and development with unique advantages in discipline structure and cross-direction guidance, and proposing key scientific and technological technologies for Yellow River ecological protection and high-quality development, so as to provide wisdom and scientific and technological support for the construction of ecological security barrier in the Yellow River Basin and long-term stability of the Yellow River.
2 Strategic orientation
(1) To build a high-end think tank for ecological protection and high-quality development of the Yellow River Basin;
(2) To create a national science and technology innovation platform;
(3) To overcome the major scientific and technological problems such as water security and water ecology in the Yellow River Basin;
(4) To promote the commercialization and application of scientific and technological achievements.
3 Scientific research team
(1) Institute of Water Resources and Water Ecology
(2) Institute of Soil and Water Conservation and Ecohydrology
(3) Institute of Water and Sediment Resources and Environment in the River Basin
(4) Institute of Water Engineering
(5) Institute of Ecological protection and high-quality development strategy consulting and research
4 Communication and cooperation
Research interests: water resources and water ecology, soil and water conservation, ecohydrology, basin water and sand, sediment resources and environment, water engineering, smart water conservancy, ecological waterways, ecological protection and high-quality development strategies and other related majors.
Contact number: 025-83787270